Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO House

SPaschall

I saw Carron's one and I liked it.

I then saw a few more and I really wanted to do it, but I was too young and here in the UK lights are different and it would be complicated.

When I found out that LOR could do RGB in 2014, I got some stuff and became hooked.

On 3/11/2016 at 8:51 AM, SPaschall said:

I'm in the same boat George, after watching Carsons I started looking for more displays and was inspired by Marty Slack, Tim Fischer and Mike Ziemkowski. Some of the newer members have don't have a clue to who started the upswing of this hobby and helped define what it is today.

SPaschall

Yeah - Marty Slack's "garage band" totally blew me away.  It should be required viewing for anyone getting into this lunacy.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2016 at 9:19 PM, George Simmons said:

Yeah - Marty Slack's "garage band" totally blew me away.  It should be required viewing for anyone getting into this lunacy.

Here you go George

SPaschall

It's been a while since I last saw one of Marty's videos.  Now that I have seen one again, his sequencing looks a lot more flashy than I remember it.

Sometimes the fuzzy memory beats crystal clear reality. :(

Couple of questions on the Hallmark display;

RGB Floods. What wattage are those? 

On your wreaths, the larger ones, how big are those and how many pixels did you use?

REALLY like your spiral tree sequencing. I like your alternating colors in the 2nd TSO video. I have always tried to do some of the "solo" type work with just white. When I changed to LEDs... and cheaper LEDs... the fade obliviously wasn't as nice. Not good with spiral. So seeing this today, it gives me some ideas ;-)

19 hours ago, Robert Burton said:

Couple of questions on the Hallmark display;

RGB Floods. What wattage are those? 

On your wreaths, the larger ones, how big are those and how many pixels did you use?

REALLY like your spiral tree sequencing. I like your alternating colors in the 2nd TSO video. I have always tried to do some of the "solo" type work with just white. When I changed to LEDs... and cheaper LEDs... the fade obliviously wasn't as nice. Not good with spiral. So seeing this today, it gives me some ideas ;-)

RGB Floods. What wattage are those? They were 36 watt RGB floods we had 20 running in  one DMX universe.

On your wreaths, the larger ones, how big are those and how many pixels did you use? 100 CCB'S on a 4 FT. wreath

I can't take credit for the spirals as another programmer was responsible for those but she did an amazing job. I was responsible for the House, Floods , Perimeter and the Landscaping. We had such a small period of time to get the project done it took two programmers to get the job done.

SPaschall

21 hours ago, George Simmons said:

It's been a while since I last saw one of Marty's videos.  Now that I have seen one again, his sequencing looks a lot more flashy than I remember it.

Sometimes the fuzzy memory beats crystal clear reality. :(

I thought the same thing but at that time we were all trying to figure it out. Back then to have that many channels made you da man in this hobby. Now hobbyist are sometimes starting with 300+ channels. What made his so unique was the band, Elmo and Bruno and the creativity that so many have copied for many years.

SPaschall

On 3/21/2016 at 0:37 PM, SPaschall said:

What made his so unique was the band, Elmo and Bruno and the creativity that so many have copied for many years.

I agree.

He probably had more influence than anyone else in showing me what can be done with Christmas lights by thinking outside the box.

As for copying, I shamelessly admit to being inspired by many.

• The topic was locked