Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO House

SPaschall

This is a job we (Holiday Technologies) did last season for TSO on the Hallmark Channels Home and Family Christmas special using LOR hardware, software, and CCB's. The house, landscaping. floods and perimeter was all programmed using the Pixel Editor. Special thanks to Matt Brown for all of his input on this job.Enjoy

SPaschall

• Like 2

Very cool!  I liked the integration of fast moving stuff along with slow moving effects in the background.

Can you tell us more about the display.  Obviously almost everything was RGB.

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Very cool!  I liked the integration of fast moving stuff along with slow moving effects in the background.

Can you tell us more about the display.  Obviously almost everything was RGB.

Thank you for the kind words. I can try to explain it as well as I can, I was not on site for this job but I did the programming along with another programmer.

The actual job was accepted by Jon Vroylks and Jeff Maxie, They had a video a few years back with sixteen houses synced to WIW shot with a drown that went viral. TSO contacted them and asked them to do the house for the Hallmark Channel. Since it was only two weeks away from the taping they needed some help and contacted Drew Hickman at Holiday Technologies to assist in the layout and programming. 

We ran 32-33 100ct CCB's 20 rgb floods, 3 blinder spots, I can't tell you how many strands of LED's for the landscaping and the two massive spiral trees in the front. I did the programming for the house, perimeter, landscaping and the RGB floods with the Pixel Editor,which at the time had barely been released. We had 8 days to get the programming and mapping completed before the shooting of the video. Hopefully Drew Hickman and I will be doing a 1hr. discussion on this house at Expo this year that will go in depth of the whole 2 wk. process from start to finish. Here is the other song we did, sorry about the credits and it does cut off before the last notes

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Awesome.  I'm always amazed at what the partner's can pull off! :)

Thanks Mike.

SPaschall

Very nice....Many moons ago I suggested there be a song or instrumental that we all do as if it were an Olympic sport compulsory for our hobby and TSO Wizard's was one of them. In sharp contrast to this display, I used 90% incan mini's. After a short intro I also get into Wizards....check it out and compare. I have it in my show every year and see no reason to exclude it....until the next Wizard's like instrumental comes along.

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/150058905

8 hours ago, Archer said:

Very nice....Many moons ago I suggested there be a song or instrumental that we all do as if it were an Olympic sport compulsory for our hobby and TSO Wizard's was one of them. In sharp contrast to this display, I used 90% incan mini's. After a short intro I also get into Wizards....check it out and compare. I have it in my show every year and see no reason to exclude it....until the next Wizard's like instrumental comes along.

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/150058905

Nice Job, the snowflakes on the house took me back to Carson Williams display.

SPaschall

I'm unfamiliar with the Williams display. Is there a link to view it available?

Really? his was the first display to really go viral and it was the house that started everyone doing Wizards in Winter. this video is probably the main reason synchronized displays became mainstream.

SPaschall

• Like 1

I remember seeing that display but I got into it because I saw Richard Holdman's display......it really hit the spot with me.

Watch "Wizards in Winter - Holdman Christmas" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/mFRduK3Txe0

Really? his was the first display to really go viral and it was the house that started everyone doing Wizards in Winter. this video is probably the main reason synchronized displays became mainstream.

SPaschall

If I remember correctly his house was on a Miller lite commercial on tv as well. I love holdmans house but Carson was the guy who got the whole thing going. I remember people thought it was a bunch of still photos edited together when it first came out

8 hours ago, Archer said:

I remember seeing that display but I got into it because I saw Richard Holdman's display......it really hit the spot with me.

+1 Richard's amazing grace vid drew me here...

Yes it was Amazing Grace that got me too. I didn't mean that Wizards was the song but rather Holdman's was the display.

16 hours ago, Archer said:

Generation gap lol! Although Holdman got started about one year before I did. His display went viral several years later.

SPaschall

Interesting that the hobby has matured and endured long enough to create a generation gap.

Until today, I didn't know Richard Holdman had even done WIW.  I thought Amazing Grace was his only song.  ;)

I, too, was inspired totally by Carson Williams.  I bet the first night I saw that one I watched it a dozen times.

Goldman runs his business and does large commercial displays, the one in Russia was pretty nice last year

On 3/9/2016 at 0:03 PM, George Simmons said:

Interesting that the hobby has matured and endured long enough to create a generation gap.

Until today, I didn't know Richard Holdman had even done WIW.  I thought Amazing Grace was his only song.  ;)

I, too, was inspired totally by Carson Williams.  I bet the first night I saw that one I watched it a dozen times.

I'm in the same boat George, after watching Carsons I started looking for more displays and was inspired by Marty Slack, Tim Fischer and Mike Ziemkowski. Some of the newer members have don't have a clue to who started the upswing of this hobby and helped define what it is today.

SPaschall