Light-O-Rama Forums

Playing Visible Screen in S2 for DMX Device

michael.farney

I finally got a moving head from ebay and took a stab to see what I can make it do. Here's where I'm getting really lost: when playing the visible screen, the dmx device doesn't seem to get all the commands (specifically, the beginning ones.) For example, I made a test sequence with pan at 50% and tilt at 50% for the entire sequence. If I play this sequence from the beginning, the head moves to the correct position. If I start at 1 second and choose to play the visible screen, the head won't move at all. But, if I add any events, it will pick up those events. After investigating further, it seems the DMX device never receives the starting state when playing the visible screen. But, as soon as there is a change in DMX value of a channel, that channel will start working. Does this make any sense at all? What am I doing wrong?

I have noticed the same problem. I wasn't as worried about it as I don't play only the visible screen much except when programming without a 'live' connection to the lights....

As I try to learn what works and what doesn't with the new DMX stuff, I've found myself doing more testing with visible screen connected to the stuff sitting on the floor....

I also used the Hardware Console panel a lot... Got the LOR values for x and y co-ordinateds for the moving heads... I mounted them outside where their going and picked the points in the yard for some effects... i.e., both heads will move to the Nativity scene, then move to the opposite side of the yard...

randallr wrote:

As I try to learn what works and what doesn't with the new DMX stuff, I've found myself doing more testing with visible screen connected to the stuff sitting on the floor....

This is where my problem comes in--the sequence always starts in the home position shutter closed. The work around is to delete all the commands in the first cell of the visible screen, so then the device will pick everything up. But, then you have to remember to "undo" everytime you play it.

• The topic was locked