Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor Files Gone!

dl20415

I have one sequence that I try to load in PE and everything is gone! I checked in the Windows files and it is still there. Is there a way to get it loaded? It may or may not be something I did!

If it's a Pixel editor file, find the file in Windows file explorer, should be a .LPE extension and show the Pixel editor icon. Double click the file and it should open Pixel Editor and load.

Once you get it loaded, do a File Save As to your normal location.

If it is a .LMS file you should be able to find it in the file open dialog of Pixel Editor when you click on File Open.

May have to hunt it down, but it sounds like you know where it is.

If you are loading it successfully, but it is empty you may have inadvertently overwritten it with an empty file. You can check for a .BAK file extension and rename it to .LMS and see if it opens but it may be empty too.

Always a good idea to have multiple copies of your work on an external drive or USB key or in the cloud, on Google , Dropbox or similar. They all have a free option.

• Like 1

Looks like I've overwritten it with an empty file! Well, live and learn! I'll just sequence it again. But now I know how to recover it if I ever do that again! Thanks a lot for your help!!!!