Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR works in test mode, not in a simple sequence

Ed K

Ok, found root cause of the issue:  older firmware.  

Firmware v1.19 is on the CCR that works, and v1.17 on the CCR that does not work.

With just the non-working CCR connected to my computer, I used Hardware Utility to update the CCR firmware to v1.19.  Now the CCR works just fine, and it works using the Enhanced LOR Network.

Thanks for sticking with this and helping me resolve this issue.

Just finished configuring my other CCRs -- all worked out of the box, but all had firmware v1.19 installed.  I guess it was good that one CCR had v1.17 firmware.  The suggestions that you provided taught me a lesson in troubleshooting:  isolate.

glad you got it. figured it had to do with that controller. K6ccc is pretty good, I have leaned on him a few times with questions, good catch Jim.

Glad I was able to come up with the root cause. I had the same issue, but in my case every CMB16D and CCB controller needed to be updated to use enhanced protocol. I switched to enhanced protocol for every controller that was capable in the middle of 2015. I have to keep a non-enhanced network because you can't use inputs on an enhanced network. I use inputs extensively for my year-round landscape lighting.

• The topic was locked