Light-O-Rama Forums

Who else has a 2016 budget of $0?

Jaynee

7 hours ago, Jaynee said:

Yes, the Virtual Santa is what I was referring to.  By summertime my husband might be willing to part with a couple hundred to do it this year - but that would be our ONLY addition to the display (other than the stuff we bought in the post-Xmas sales in December 2015).

Do it!  You will be amazed!  And humbled.

We've got two yards full of technical wizardry that often makes normal adults babble like first graders.

And all the while, the first graders seemingly notice nothing except for Santa in the window.

My wife gave me the green light to add more and also go animated this year.  I have been converting to LED for the past couple of years (C9 Retros for yard perimeter/roof, and 5mm white minis) and just purchased a case of both red and green 5mm minis, as well as a case of LED icicle lights.  I am waiting on the sale for the controllers and showtime central, and also have to start building mini trees for the yard later this year. 

I am also looking forward to having the help of my daughter for sequencing, and she has already asked about this.

I am currently working on my 2018 budget as I had spent my 16 and 17s budget already.  After the spring sale I'll be working on my 2020 budget.

• Like 2

Been $0 for me since 2013!    And I really need to find some $$ to add more L.E.D. lights and to get my older controllers upgraded to the newer units, as well as add in about 4 more new CTB16PC controllers and would also like to add in about 8 sets of LOR Cosmic Color Bulbs.  

Oh well, it's all just a pipe dream for now.

• 2 weeks later...

$9000 already spent in lights another $4000 in equipment to be spent soon and 5 songs already sequenced with probably 12 more to go....What did you say about BUDGET???  I have no idea what that word even means!!  lol

On 2/26/2016 at 6:53 PM, George Simmons said:

I couldn't agree more.  The difference between good displays and not-so-good ones isn't how many lights, or singing ______ you have, or how tall your mega tree is.  It's the sequencing.  Always has been and probably always will be.

George is right.. with animated displays, the difference between a great display and "Christmas throw up" in your yard is programming. 

• Like 3

• The topic was locked