Light-O-Rama Forums

Updates for Pixel Editor

BlackwolfK9

I was half kidding...but its never a good idea to wait for updates before you start on that years display...in my opinion..

1 hour ago, BlackwolfK9 said:

thanks Matt, do you guess it will be in plenty of time to get to use them for this next Christmas season?

I would imagine "plenty of time to get to use them for this next Christmas season?" is all relative...for some of us it's too late already...

12 hours ago, MattBrown said:

The list of updates to PE for the next release is long and includes several new effects. Date is still tbd.

Matt

Cool. Can't wait!!!!!!!!

• 8 months later...
On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, MattBrown said:

The list of updates to PE for the next release is long and includes several new effects. Date is still tbd.

Matt

Well its getting closer to November. Any chance on those new effects for this year?

It is still basically in the alpha stages right now, but I talked to Matt,and he is really devoting alot of time to get this out early next year

SPaschall

Thanks guys.

Any hints as to what effects or updates we can look forward for?

7 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

From Matt Brown at Christmas Expo . S5 will be released sometime in 2017

6 hours ago, SPaschall said:

It is still basically in the alpha stages right now, but I talked to Matt,and he is really devoting alot of time to get this out early next year

SPaschall

When it was on display at Expo it had a few new effects and he was working on a few more. I think they were Marquee,Wave, Ripple and Scanner. It will be all one unit with SE and PE in the same program with a plan it be able to import Superstar effects into the program.

SPaschall

Kind of but the top priority right now is S5 so at least there is a working product that works until the new software is introduced next year.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Kind of but the top priority right now is S5 so at least there is a working product that works until the new software is introduced next year.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I wanted all of my shows to run in LOR but I couldn't wait for the new PE so I learned how to build in xlights and just convert it to lor. Xlights does all of the effects that aren't easy in PE (e.g. leaping arches) and didn't take that long to setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean leaping arches are hard to to do in the pixel editor . That's pretty easy to do 

It's easy to create them but it's hard to make them do a single 'jump' over a duration so as one side reaches the end, it doesn't start up on the other end.

A couple of us have played with timing to sort of make it work but it's still not easy to do over a long period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk