Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie to LOR | ServoDog Questions

Yummy Fishfood

Yet another newbie question...!

I'm interested in the entire Light-O-Rama platform for a holiday display I'm creating for 2016. It involves a synchronized light display, but it also relies on extensive use of several servo-controlled animatronics.  While I'm a complete newbie at the programmable/electrical end, I'm a Mechanical Design Engineer by trade, so I know up from down (in theory).  I'm confident that the LOR platform is ideal for my needs based on my research of your product... and this robust forum!

I'm interested in purchasing the ServoDog 8, but not sure what software it comes with, or what software I need to purchase to test/tinker with the program-ability of the servos using the LOR platform.  Some guidance...? 

The ServoDog controllers use the normal LOR software suite.  They are controlled just like any other LOR controller channel - except instead of changing intensity of a light, the ServoDog changes position of a servo.

Thank you K6ccc!  I know the story I'm trying to tell, I'm just not sure what tools are available to me to use.  One feeds the other... which feeds the other...!  Having the ability to create animatronic characters without a PHD in electronics or code writing offers great encouragement!  Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know about the compatibility of the TrackSkull V1.3.6.0 software with the TrackIR 5?  Monkeybasic.com (where TrackSkull software originates) suggests that TrackSkull is only compatible with any TrackIR 4, but the 4 isn't sold anymore.  Any advice?

Oh, and thanks jstorms!  I love this video!  VERY helpful.

• Like 1

BTW , I will have two ServoDogs for sale shortly. They were primarily used for inputs before the InputPup controller was released. Using one output channel to drive a transistor that drives a relay that turns on some of my lights for my flagpole.

TrackSkill supports output to LOR. I believe you can still find some of the TrackIR.4's on Ebay. You may look there.

On 3/2/2016 at 2:49 PM, Yummy Fishfood said:

Does anyone know about the compatibility of the TrackSkull V1.3.6.0 software with the TrackIR 5?  Monkeybasic.com (where TrackSkull software originates) suggests that TrackSkull is only compatible with any TrackIR 4, but the 4 isn't sold anymore.  Any advice?

Oh, and thanks jstorms!  I love this video!  VERY helpful.

I use 1.3.4.5 with no problems with TrackIR 5. One of the easiest things to program in our display.

SPaschall

• Like 1

BTW , I will have two ServoDogs for sale shortly. They were primarily used for inputs before the InputPup controller was released. Using one output channel to drive a transistor that drives a relay that turns on some of my lights for my flagpole.

Sorry for hijacking. PM im interested in servodog