Light-O-Rama Forums

Is my Website slow?

EmmienLightFan

27 minutes ago, EmmienLightFan said:

K6CCC must be green looking at that!

Yea...

If / when I get FIOS to the house, I expect to aim for 150Mb/s each way.

Just for a funny story.  A friend of mine was doing some work for a client and needed a drop off the campus LAN for a PC that he would remotely access to be able to do some of his work from home.  The client asked him how much bandwidth he needed, and he said a couple Mb/s would be fine.  They provided him a drop and suggested he do a speed test to see if it was OK.  The test came back at just under a Gigabit/s both ways.  Turns out that the client had several 10Gb/s fiber connections to the internet.

26 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yea...

If / when I get FIOS to the house, I expect to aim for 150Mb/s each way.

Just for a funny story.  A friend of mine was doing some work for a client and needed a drop off the campus LAN for a PC that he would remotely access to be able to do some of his work from home.  The client asked him how much bandwidth he needed, and he said a couple Mb/s would be fine.  They provided him a drop and suggested he do a speed test to see if it was OK.  The test came back at just under a Gigabit/s both ways.  Turns out that the client had several 10Gb/s fiber connections to the internet.

LOL

• The topic was locked