Light-O-Rama Forums

Rearrange the prop list?

bobschm

Seems like this ought to be simple, but I can't figure it out.

That list of props on the left side of the timeline...how do I rearrange them to make more sense for my editing?

Half of my icicles are on the bottom lines and half are on the top lines. Setting up a chase involves a lot of scrolling up and down.

2 hours ago, bobschm said:

Seems like this ought to be simple, but I can't figure it out.

That list of props on the left side of the timeline...how do I rearrange them to make more sense for my editing?

Half of my icicles are on the bottom lines and half are on the top lines. Setting up a chase involves a lot of scrolling up and down.

I believe they are arranged by alphabetical order. Changing the names might put them where you want them. You can also create groups. If you create groups all of the icicles will be on one line

Creating groups is a good way of keeping items together on the grid. The other thing to note is that you can set the order of what "categories" get displayed first. When you click the "Props" button at the top-left of the grid, the window that opens up has a display order for each section. For example, you can use this to place beat channels first. Within each category, items are displayed in alphabetical order - as previously noted.

Matt

The problem gets dicey when numbers are involved. I have icicle 1, icicle 2, icicle 3...icicle 20, icicle 22, etc. they get displayed like this:

icicle 1

icicle 10

icicle 11

:

icicle 2

icicle 20

icicle 21

Any way you can fix that in the next release, Matt? Or just let us drag them anywhere?

Best practice with anything numbered on a computer is to use leading zeros.

If you are going to have more than 100 fixtures, start with 001, 002, 003 004.............

if you know you will never exceed 100 then 01, 02, 03................... is fine.

They will always sort in the right order.

PE's prop copy command does support leading zeros -- 01 or 001. So if you are doubling the number of arches you have, from 8 to 16, making 8 copies of Arch08 will generate Arch09 to Arch16. Furthermore, in the copy window you can edit any of the automatically generated names if you want, before the actual copying takes place.

Matt