Light-O-Rama Forums

PE and SE matrix sequnce

indi

I have created a Horz. Matrix 32 x 30 in the sequence visualizer and tried to import it into the PE, but no luck. It will import, but I end up with each string of pixels in the prop. So I created the same matrix in the PE. I watch the tutorial about creating the matrix in the PE and followed, except I created it and defined the DMX universes and channels. Made a sequence and saved it to the SE. Played the sequence and everything works except in the visualizer the top seems to be cut off. Like all the generated items (test pinwheel etc) seems to need to be moved down on the matrix. But everything look fine in the PE. Do I need to undefined the universes and channel in the PE matrix and then save the intensity file to the SE sequence.

Thanks

In the Visualizer import, each Visualizer fixture becomes a PE prop and each Visualizer prop becomes a PE prop group. If you had applied an effect to the prop group, it would have worked ok. That said, for matrices and pixel trees it is better to create those props directly in PE preview design, rather than import them. When you create them directly in PE, PE knows they are a matrix and can apply its effects directly to the prop - not so with props imported from Visualizer. So it sounds like you are on a good path now.

As to your issue of getting the PE effects to display in the Visualizer -- either there is a mismatch between the channels/universes used in PE versus the ones you used to define the matrix in the Visualizer, or maybe some of your universes are not defined in Network Configuration?

Matt

think I have it figured out. But once I save the intensity file to the sequence. Is there anyway to delete the intensity file from the SE sequence.

4 hours ago, indi said:

think I have it figured out. But once I save the intensity file to the sequence. Is there anyway to delete the intensity file from the SE sequence.

Look in your sequence folder and look for a file with the extension .lms.pe.lid that is the intensity data file. Just delete it and you will be good to go..

SPaschall

Well Matt, I am still having problem with the intensity files playing my matrix right in the SE. Can't get it figured out.

I thought I read somewhere that the HU had no control over the pixcon 16 running in E 1.31.

Thanks

Yes I was able to delete the intensity file from the sequence. Thanks

I'm sorry I meant Network preferences, don't know what I was thinking there. If you are trying to play a sequence from SE without the data intensity file attached, the PE programming won't work. The SE .lms sequence has to have the .lms.pe.lid file attached from PE to play it, unless you are trying to run it from PE with the control lights checked. If this all makes sense lol!

SPaschall

Yea, I made a new matrix in the PE and built a PE sequence and save the intensity file to the SE sequence and played it in the visualizer and it is all messed up. SuperStar plays the matrix just fine and the PE plays the matrix fine but the intensity file played looks awful and you can't tell what it pattern is playing. I my try to reload LOR software and see if it continues. I am holding off on that until I hear back from the LOR helps desk. I put a ticket in. BTW I do have the network setting as multicast.

Thanks

I never had much luck playing the PE files in the SE visualizer. I just program all my SE stuff first then I migrated my SE visualizer into PE so I could see it all as I go along.

SPaschall

I am sure it's the same. I've rebuilt both of them over and over a number of times. I've tried to import the prop from the visualizer into the pixel editor without any luck. I can import, but I get all the strings listed and can' get it to sequence. Tried to group the prop, but still can't get it to sequence. I guess I will wait and see if the help desk comes up with anything.

Thanks

Got it figured out. The folding of the strings in my PE don't work. As I said in earlier post, I have 3 strings connected with a total of 96 pixels per string. I have a 32 pixel matrix with 30 rows. I had to do the following. String #1, Universe 3, channel 1-96, string #2,  Universe 3, channel 97=193, string #3,  Universe 3, channel 194-288. Then did the same for the remaining universes. And in the LOR visualizer and unchecked the snake feature so all the universe connect on the same side of the matrix.