• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zvacman

• EmmienLightFan

• KStatefan

• Grinch

Ok, I saw an e1.31 to DMX bridge in several videos.  Why do I need to spend $130 on one of those?  Also Clyde from Leechburg has shown boards for power injection.  Do I need those? I was just going to shoot the power off of the extra outputs on my power supply.  It's starting to look like a 110v LED 2016, it beats being found on the floor of the workshop with an exploded head.  I am a prop building, light stringing SOB, but when it comes to the computer stuff I'm a slow learner.  I still don't know what 3/4's of this crap means or does.  Sorry for the rant but I'm getting frustrated waiting for the light bulb in my head to come on.  I'm still over my head in the regular LED string LOR world. . Somebody on here has that one sentence that is going to turn on the light, I just haven't asked the right question yet.

Thanks, Z

The short answer to the DMX bridge is that you don't need one with the  sandevice.

As for power injection it will depend on how many pixels you have on any output of the board. For 12v pixels it seems to be around 100 pixels. Some have a few more than that & no problems. Where I have one prop where I needed to inject power @ 100 because you could see the difference in color 

z

your plan a few posts back will work fine and there is no need for a bridge.

As the name suggests, "E131 to DMX", the bridge takes E131 to a DMX signal.

Your E682's are e131 controllers, meaning,,,,e131 in>control lights out.  

Take the power off your PS. As Darryl mentioned, nodes can easily go 100. With strips (12v 2811) I have found 60-65 pixels before injection is needed.

your LOR stuff will all daisy chain together fine from your RS485 adapter.

Don't over think it, don't get frustrated!

• 5 months later...

Back on this topic.  My controller collection has swelled further.  I'm up to 4 CMB 24 controllers and I picked up 4 27 channel RGB controllers from Holiday Coro. I have built 4 mini trees that will eat up a 27 channel controller each. I want to test them in the shop but don't want to let the magic smoke out of them.  To be a bigger pain in the rear, when I test them I would like to set them up where they will fall into my show.  I watched a video that John Storms did where he switched the 110v controllers to run in DMX mode and then he started his RGB controllers at channel 1 in universe 50.  I don't know if that's how high his universe count was or if 50 was just a random choice. A few suggestions on my next steps would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Z