Light-O-Rama Forums

4'x16' RGB pixel wall equipment/software question. 2nd opinion request. :-)

JeffF

Received my SanDevices E682 kit last week and put it together a couple evenings ago over a few beers. :)

Took my time and it seems like everything is working the way it should so far... now I just need those pixels to show up so I can really get to testing.

Forgot how much I like assembling kits. May order another one "as a backup". ;)

• 8 months later...

Finally started working on this project yesterday. Decided to keep it simple and went with a 16x50 matrix. So far I have the Sandevices E682 assembled and tested... all 800 pixels are "snapped" into the grid net... and power wires are soldered to all pixel strands(decided to go with 16 individual strands(one per output on the E682), again to keep it simple).

Oh, I also got my feet wet with the Pixel Editor in LOR and had success in testing one strand. Even though it was only one... it still brought a smile on my face. :D

Today the plan is to get the ends on the wires I soldered and connect all the strands to the controller for testing. I created some simple sequences yesterday and even started to add some effects to existing sequences. Hopefully it all goes as planned and I can get at least one or two of our existing sequences using this matrix.

Thanks again for all the help you guys gave back in January. 

Testing was a success!!! Woot! :D

I did make a mistake soldering one power lead(reversed the ground and signal) and didn't realize you had to "save intensity data" to get sequences to run via the Sequence Editor and Scheduler. But other than those the project went as expected. Now to add some simple information to each sequence for starters and then I'll get into simple effects later. I can totally see the appeal of pixels... LOL.

Welcome to the pixel insanity! About 95% of my display is smart pixels.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• The topic was locked