Light-O-Rama Forums

Ebay Fraud

gsmith37064

Not sure if this is the right place but seeing how it's sequence related...

I bought 5 sequences from Mike Mcgee on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2015-LIGHT-O-RAMA-SEQUENCES-LIGHTORAMA-CHRISTMAS-SHOW-/181955684532?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

This guy will tell you he will send them right after work... day after day and never does.

It's been 5 days so far and nothing from him but lame excuses.

I can't do much till the 11th at which time i will open a fraud case against him.

Just wanted to let everyone know about this guy...

i would assume based on the fact he has no videos, only some photos of standard decorations, and all songs are different channel counts, he just found a bunch or requested a bunch from sites like this one and selling as his own... since he is also sending (selling) the song and states so in his auction means he is violating copyright law... so probably not a very reliable source for sequences.. 

hopefully you at least get your money back.. also if has to go thru a fraud case, make sure ebay is aware he is selling/sending music he has no rights to

thank you for the forewarning about the seller

Good news... I received my sequences about 30 minutes of posting.

It's a shame that you have to threaten to file fraud charges to get a response.

Normally i get my sequences from sellers with videos and have no issues.

One seller has even offered support when i first started with LOR.

I have bought everything he has and recommend him!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-for-2015-Light-o-Rama-Sequences-Halloween-and-Christmas-Light-show-Pick-/271553187077?ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123

If you ever decide to start buying sequences for mega trees, make sure you don't buy any that are not done by the boys at holiday sequences. Com or Brian at superstar lights.com

• Like 1

I have to say I bet you could get the same sequences on some of the free sites linked on this forum.

Been trying to get "The Final Countdown" from the band Europe and this guy was the only one that had it.

It's missing the last 90 seconds of the sequence so it's useless. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

This was going to be the sequence that closed out my New Years show.

If you ever decide to start buying sequences for mega trees, make sure you don't buy any that are not done by the boys at holiday sequences. Com or Brian at superstar lights.com

Why? More info please...

Because Brian and holiday sequences have some of the best around. They both are A+ businesses in my book and are great at sequencing!!!!!!!!!!

Been trying to get "The Final Countdown" from the band Europe and this guy was the only one that had it.

It's missing the last 90 seconds of the sequence so it's useless. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

This was going to be the sequence that closed out my New Years show.

Why? More info please...

Well first, these guys make the best, if ya wanna see their work, take a look at their websites and you can also look at my facebook page for my didoes. Secondly, i have heard of some that were sold on ebay that were really lame.

Because Brian and holiday sequences have some of the best around. They both are A+ businesses in my book and are great at sequencing!!!!!!!!!!

This.

• Like 1

I will second that on buying sequences from Holiday Sequences.  They have given me support after I had some problems with their sequences.  They are committed to  making sure their sequences work. 

• Like 1

Why would you ever buy sequences from this guy.  No sample of what you are getting and you go on blind faith because they are the cheapest you can find.  Anyone want to bet he goes to all the free sites, downloads others works and then sells them to suckers.

Why would you ever buy sequences from this guy.  No sample of what you are getting and you go on blind faith because they are the cheapest you can find.  Anyone want to bet he goes to all the free sites, downloads others works and then sells them to suckers.

My same thoughts too.    And this is why I don't "buy" sequences from bidding sites, just asking for issues in my book.   And if he is selling the music, someone should also alert he music moguls and let them deal with this bloke that could create issues for those that do so legally.      I'd still say there is a case against this seller, especially if he is "selling" the music with the sequences.

And I think like others, he is scavenging sites like this one here for sequences and then selling them as his own, probably doesn't even own any animated lighting products, like LOR Controllers at all, just heists others work and makes money off them, if I ever find anyone "selling" my sequences that I give away to others freely, I'd sure bring charges up on someone like this, as should ANY of us here that may find their sequence{s} being sold for profit that shares them freely!

Guys like that just need to be run out of business on a rail and then some!

Because he is the only one that had the sequence i was looking for.

I have looked and i have searched but cannot find that one song...

That's why.

another bump for holidaysequences.com and Brian from superstar... holidaysequences.com also has great singing face sequences (used for my halloween show)

Because he is the only one that had the sequence i was looking for.

I have looked and i have searched but cannot find that one song...

That's why.

Also check Holiday Coro as well, they have sequences as well. We just dont like to see folks getting ripped off. May we ask what sequences you were looking for?

Edited by jerry72

Also check Holiday Coro as well, they have sequences as well. We just dont like to see folks getting ripped off. May we ask what sequences you were looking for?

I am after "The Final Countdown" by the band Europe. I think this would be a great song to end my New Years show.

I see video's for it on youtube but cannot find anyone else that has it. Paying for it would work as well... seeing how i have done that once already.

I have bookmarked these for furture reference: holidaysequences.com and Brian from superstar

Another +1 (or more) for both Brian at SuperStarLights.com and the guys at HolidaySequences.com.  I have bought almost every song I run from one or the other of them.  I fully admit that I'm not an artist.  I buy the sequences for my pixel tree, and then fill the rest of my yard around their work.  Not only do they have the timing worked out perfectly, but they have the creativity that I lack.  I'm a technician and can make the software do what I want, but without the creativity, I don't know what I want it to do.  I can do wonders with the other 3000 channels in my yard - after I see what they did with the tree.

The other advantage to buying sequences from the experts is that I look at how they made things work, and I have learned a lot about how to get the SuperStar software to do what I want.

• Like 1

Another +1 (or more) for both Brian at SuperStarLights.com and the guys at HolidaySequences.com.  I have bought almost every song I run from one or the other of them.  I fully admit that I'm not an artist.  I buy the sequences for my pixel tree, and then fill the rest of my yard around their work.  Not only do they have the timing worked out perfectly, but they have the creativity that I lack.  I'm a technician and can make the software do what I want, but without the creativity, I don't know what I want it to do.  I can do wonders with the other 3000 channels in my yard - after I see what they did with the tree.

The other advantage to buying sequences from the experts is that I look at how they made things work, and I have learned a lot about how to get the SuperStar software to do what I want.

I am with you. I can build a house, rebuild an engine, and run an 18 wheeler from border to border, but man do i suck at trying to sequence.

"I am with you. I can build a house, rebuild an engine, and run an 18 wheeler from border to border, but man do i suck at trying to sequence."

Well, I can't do any of that, OR sequence very well but I can plunk down money for HolidySequences

"I am with you. I can build a house, rebuild an engine, and run an 18 wheeler from border to border, but man do i suck at trying to sequence."

Well, I can't do any of that, OR sequence very well but I can plunk down money for HolidySequences

They have gotten a lot of my money, and will get more this year.