Light-O-Rama Forums

3rd Party pixels

Weatherok

I am new to LOR and I am intrigued by the CC Pixel lights. I understand you have to have the software and comptroller but can you add addition Pixels from a 3rd party?  The cost of CC pixels is 10x more than similar Pixels offered by other Internet outlets.

The cosmic color pixels come with its own controller which controls 2 strings of 50 count pixels. These are the closest thing to plug and play pixels that you will find. If you want simple stick to buying cosmic color pixels. If you want more DIY you will save money but not time and there will be a lot more headaches. I have just started getting into the DIY stuff myself. If you wait for the spring sale around March or April you can pick up a cosmic color pixel set for around $150 which is a pretty good deal.

Short answer is YES.  It will require at least the proper controller, a power supply and the correct level of LOR software.  

The LOR CCP's  are a more plug and play solution.

Last year I believe they were $189 on the spring sale, if you were lucky enough to get some...they went fast!!!

Only reason I went with HC strips rather than LOR was flexability.  I had a lot less stress cutting  $20 strips than I would have cutting $200 strips. Each off cut also becomes a usable strip, while I am not sure the CCR's can due to the hard wired controllers. I also prefer DIY over plug and play, so when something does go wrong, I have a good understanding of how to trouble shoot since I built it all from the ground up. I say all this with no real experience with the CCR's, so i may be off base. This was just my thought when it came time to dive in. I looked at it like Wiondows. The more "user friendly" it becomes, the less people that use them actually know about them when a problem bubbles up.

• The topic was locked