Light-O-Rama Forums

Ebay Power Supplies

EmmienLightFan

Buy a Meanwell and a copy and take them apart.  Compare the internals and you will see why they cost more.  Not that the copy is going to fail but the Meanwell is just made so much better.

I've sold and use thousands of power supplies...both Chinese and Meanwell. I seen both fail...it happens. Personally I believe the Meanwell is a better built PS but that doesn't mean it guarantees it will last longer. I use more Chinese than Meanwell for several years with no real issues. Like I said....I've seen both fail. Keys is don't overdrive it...it will last. And have a spare!! That's a must. Have a spare of everything...even bigger must!!

• Like 1

I try to keep all of mine running at less than 80% of their maximum rated output, but actually I am not sure if I am even running any over 50%.

My Christmas display is all 0.3w nodes, I have not checked with a multimeter, but all white should be 0.3w every node.

My matrix has 288 nodes, so around 86 watts which is 18 amps.

My other stuff, all on the same power supply, arches are 30 watts, 100 x 0.3=30

Pixel icicles are 29.97, wreath is 15 watts, controller is 1, other controller is 1...

I think I have quite a lot. I could have all had it on one but I used my spare for the matrix.

Yeah, on my Mega tree the nodes are .55 watts a piece, i have 2 PSU's hooked up to my E682, at full white, each PSU is maxed at 18 amps as well. I try not go above that.

Excuse me? I was under the impression the post was asking a question of opinion. Why there gotta be a couple of you in every thread like this is beyond me. Do whatever you want I could care less.

Drew

You are negative about everything. Not just this thread, but others. Telling people they are gonna get ripped off is not an opinion.

You know what, instead of getting into an argument with some who is so judgmental, i think it is easier to just use that nifty little block feature, so i dont have to read anymore of your negative posts.

Edited by jerry72

• The topic was locked