Light-O-Rama Forums

Low Voltage lighting

rangebob

I'm thinking on use some of the low voltage lighting in my display this year. Does the CMB-16D work with the landscaping type of lights. I want to get away from the huge spotlights and use the 12v lights.

Is your landscape lighing AC or DC? If it is DC, you can get the new DC card and use it. If it is AC, you could probably use the 16D LEFT banks. You would connect your low voltage lighting power transformer to the power input of the left bank. Make sure you have the jumpers between the two sides removed. The right side of the board would still be plugged into the household current as it provides the power to the logic circuits.

Could I take my 8 channel board and use it for low voltage LED spots lights

if I used a 12 volt transformer as the power supply ?? If I understand correctly

you run the power wires from the transformer to the hot and neutral on the board.

Harbs

Harbs wrote:

Could I take my 8 channel board and use it for low voltage LED spots lights

if I used a 12 volt transformer as the power supply ??

If you mean a CTB-08, then you could probably separate the AC input from the power transformer on the board by removing the traces on the PCB, then have two separate AC inputs, one 120V to power the controller electronics through the transformer, and the other 12V to power the lights.

Or you could remove the transformer and figure out if the 12V AC could safely drive the 5volt regulator through a bridge rectifier.

Maybe the new DIO32 Modular Controller Processor will be out soon :-0 :shock:
I am using the MC-PD Modular Controller Processor and two MC-TB08 8 Channel Triac Board
@ 12v ac to run my landscape lighing.