Light-O-Rama Forums

Effects on groups of props - preview correctly, display out of order on hou

mbyers23

I have multiple props defined for the outline of my house.  I have the outlines of the various elements grouped into a "whole house" group and the prop arrangement is "use preview".

When I apply effects like curtains or spirals to the whole house it renders correctly in the preview.  However, when I watch on the house, some of the elements are lighting up out of order.  For example, one edge of my roof outline should light up from top to bottom as the effect is played, but it lights up from bottom to top, out of sync with the rest of the elements.  

This is occurring on three different segments.

The props are drawn using pre-defined shapes "lines-connected" with one segment per prop.  I have tried changing the starting location to top, bottom, left and right and it does not change the order that the lights on the prop turn on. 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcus

I have multiple props defined for the outline of my house.  I have the outlines of the various elements grouped into a "whole house" group and the prop arrangement is "use preview".

When I apply effects like curtains or spirals to the whole house it renders correctly in the preview.  However, when I watch on the house, some of the elements are lighting up out of order.  For example, one edge of my roof outline should light up from top to bottom as the effect is played, but it lights up from bottom to top, out of sync with the rest of the elements.  

This is occurring on three different segments.

The props are drawn using pre-defined shapes "lines-connected" with one segment per prop.  I have tried changing the starting location to top, bottom, left and right and it does not change the order that the lights on the prop turn on. 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcus

I had this exact problem and i couldn't even correct it when changing the 'Cable Start Point'. Luckily with my controller i can reverse any channel so that fixed it for me. What controller do you use? 

Which version are you using? In later versions, the the starting position for the "lines-*" shapes is forced to "n/a", as it doesn't have any affect on these shapes.

To reverse your string, drag the start and end markers to the other side - start to end, end to start. In preview design, the blue node represents the first pixel in the string - so this procedure should move the blue node to the other end of the string.

Matt

Thanks guys, I got it solved - I thought I had flipped the elements in the preview design, but apparently not.  Just knowing that the blue node is the first pixel was what I needed, I flipped them and presto, all fixed!

chrisuk - I have an AlphaPix4 - I have many parts of my house on the same output and not all were in the wrong order so I could not change the whole output.

Merry Christmas and thanks again.