Light-O-Rama Forums

So with News Years on a Friday...

Santas Helper

In my mind, I'm putting on a Christmas event so last show is Christmas night. Unseasonably mild weather is expected to continue here in the Northeast for the next week or so. Gotta take advantage of the opportunities that Mother Nature gives us. I'll be packed away by the by the end of the day on the 26th or 27th at the latest.

• Like 1

Seahawks would not beat a healthy Steelers team....we need a 7th ring.

Hoping your steelers beat the broncos tonight, would lock in my pats for a first round bye

ummm..think we already did this year...we weren't the healthy ones...no Marshawn Lynch

My take down depends on the weather forecast.  Traffic drops off a lot after the 27th or so.  If the weather is good, I might start tear down on the 28th.  I don't always like to have it up on New Years Eve in case someone get's drunk and decides to vandalize it.  Most people are tired of Christmas Music very soon after Christmas anyway.

ummm..think we already did this year...we weren't the healthy ones...no Marshawn Lynch

In all fairness the steelers have been without Bell for most of the season

Take down starts promptly at 6:30AM 1/7/2016.   I'm in a predominantly Spanish area, so after 3 Kings Day {1/6}, dismantling of everything will start on 1/7/2016 @ 6:30AM and will progress for however long it takes me to get everything down and put away.   After that, controllers will be regulated to landscape, garden railroad and walkway/ramp lighting.    Then it all starts again for Halloween around Mid September 2016.

EDIT: Although if I can find some dirt cheap {free even} solid red, white and blue L.E.D. light strands, perhaps I'll do a 4th of July Display this upcoming year.    Only time and fund$ will tell that tale.

Edited by Orville

My lights are coming down new years day, I haven't been able to park in my driveway since the 3rd week of october....

I wonder if I can just leave the lights up.

I don't see why not. Some folks leave them up year round.  :D

I plan to run mine through 1/6....Epiphany...the day the wise men/kings arrived at the manger....also know as presentation of the baby to the Gentiles and a variety of other things.

After New Year's Day it will be dark.  With the balmy New England weather - I should have a good chunk of it taken down by Saturday the 2nd.

Merry Christmas - Happy New Year!

Walt

I will stop running the musicical show on jan. 3. But I always have some of my trees running as static through the month of january.

I run through the 1st, I'll be packing it up on Saturday, Sad to put it away though, feels like I just put it up. (Lights go on for the 1st of Dec.) This year I'm thinking about doing Halloween again, I just feel like it's a dying holiday. I hardly get any Trick or Treaters anymore. Not sure, could spend the money on more Christmas stuff LOL. It's just a lot of work for about 5 kids...But I get to keep all the candy. Heh heh he.  

• The topic was locked