Light-O-Rama Forums

So with News Years on a Friday...

Santas Helper

Are you running your show on that weekend after? Friday night and Saturday night, January 1st and 2nd?

I'm debating it. I usually shut it down on New Years Eve.

Just wanted to see what others are thinking/planning.

The first Sunday after New Year's is when we normally take things down, so this year it'll be January 3.  LAst show will be January 2.

Last nightly show is 1/3, but won't take down until a few weeks later... We have a family reunion the next weekend and I'm gonna show the family

I plan to take them down by the 7th. After that weekend no music anymore.

What will actually happen is I will keep doing musical sequences until February, some lights will come down in the summer, and the rest the week before they go up again.

Mine come down New Year's Eve.  I'm off work that day and New Year's Day so I spend those 2 days putting it all away.  Funny how it takes weeks to put up, but only a day or 2 to take down.  Some of my strips on the eaves stay up all year and change color to go with the current months holiday.

run New Years Eve..weather permitting, tear down starts the 2nd...

Steelers???  Watch a REAL team..the SEAHAWKS...#gohawks...third Superbowl in a row...

seahawks  lost to the steelers one superbowl and i also remember some great call playing so they could loose another  so i guess any team would love to see the seagulls in the superbowl. 

seahawks  lost to the steelers one superbowl

the refs STOLE that Superbowl from us!!!  Not that it still bothers me...  lol

I will evaluate the traffic after Christmas. If it was like last year, they come down on the 1st. If the traffic is heavier that week than last year, I'm running through Saturday.

run New Years Eve..weather permitting, tear down starts the 2nd...

Steelers??? Watch a REAL team..the SEAHAWKS...#gohawks...third Superbowl in a row...

Yessir, thank you Pete Carroll lol. If my pats can get healthy it might be a rematch

We always generally have a bad storm here the week after Christmas, so I'm running mine on the Saturday the 26th and then tearing it down Sunday while I have family in town visiting to assist. Nope they can't say no they are staying in my house

Edited by 1983ss454

Mine will run through that Sunday, Jan 3rd.  Taking down everything will happen sometime after that.  Depends on schedules & weather.