Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I import a MP3 music file to replace the MPEG-4 that I built a music

Mike Fabre

I learned the hard way that one can build a sequence on top of a song purchased from Itunes and it will run on the laptop.  Now if you forgot the name of the media player you bought from LOR and try to download to the memory card in the MP3 Player you will never forget it wants MP3 files..  I converted the song to MP3 and I added a new track, then pasted the sequence onto track 2 but it still won't download.  Any comments are welcome including LOL.

I'm not understanding why you built a track 2 for this problem.  Just change the selected media file in Sequence Editor:  Menu > Edit > Media File to the newly created .mp3 file.  One gotcha to point out - make sure the newly created media file is in a constant bit rate format (128Kb/s recommended for Directors), and verify your sequence is still in sync with the music - converting the file type MAY slightly change the music timing.  If you're using SuperStar for sequencing (which I doubt since you mention tracks), the procedure is about the same:  Menu > File > Open Audio File.

Thank you so much. You got me onto the right path.  What did work was to create a new sequence with the MP3 file. Then copy the whole sequence from the original and paste it onto the new sequence.