Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing a miniDirector show - copy and renumber sequences?

Jaynee

Okay, so I have a miniDirector and I know that theoretically when you create a show in the Hardware Utility that gets saved to the SD card, it's a "one time only" program save and if you want to make a change, you have to program it all over again.

However, let's say I have 12 sequences saved on the SD card - is there reason I can't just copy them and then renumber them 13-24 so that I now have a 24 sequence show?   

Also, if I create a "Show 2" that has just plain animation sequences, how do I go about having the miniDirector play Show 1 and then automatically begin Show 2?  I can't find anything in the utility or the manual about how to get the miniDirector to play different shows saved on the SD Card.

Any help is appreciated, as always!

You can copy and paste the songs/SEQ files all you want. However, since the CFG hasn't been changed, the mini director would ignore them. If you want to change the show, you have to redo the config and re-write to the SD card.

The mini-director can only play one show. It doesn't do scheduling or multiple shows.

That was so NOT what I wanted to hear. *lol*  Looks like I'll be upgrading to the G3 in the first sale next year so I can have some flexibility.

You will have more flexibility, yes. However, with a director of any kind, you have to re-write the shows to the SD card when you want to make changes to them.

I'm okay with rewriting to an SD card.  But if I want to add an animation sequence to run from 11:30p-6:30a it looks like I need to go from my current 37-sequence, 2-hour show that repeats 3 times from 5:30-11:30 to building a 11-sequence portion that runs from 5:30-11:30 and then continue adding onto the show with another 7 hours of a 5 minute animation sequence that I built (but am going to expand to a one hour sequence here in a minute so that I don't have to load in 100s of 5 minute sequences but just 7 one-hour sequences).

It's going to be a long night...

Edited by Jaynee

Finally getting around to doing this.

And apparently the miniDirector will only allow 99 sequences in a playlist.  

I have 112.

:unsure:

All right, I'm going to go dust off an old laptop and pray it has enough power that I can load up LOR and use that to run the program directly instead of using the miniDirector.  That's my only option at this point.  Let's hope that laptop is not so old as to be unusable and obsolete (it's possible).

• The topic was locked