Light-O-Rama Forums

Mixer Options

cliftonneff

Matt,

Do you have a quick description of what the different mixer options mean? i.e.

Mix Average

Mix Overlay

Mix Maximum

Mix Bottom Top

Mix Left Right

Mix Rt hides Lt

Mix Lt hides Rt

Its a bit of a grey area in the tutorials.

I've gotten most of the effects that I wanted using trial and error but can't say that I understand them and had a few trouble with them

Thanks,

Clifton

Mix Average

Takes the weighted average (weight is specified by the slider) of the corresponding pixels in the left and right windows. This works well for taking most (or all) of one side, but at the 50% mark the results can be dim (where you should consider Mix Maximum or Mix Overlay instead).

Mix Overlay

The right effect is used as a background. Then the colored (non-black) portions of the left effect are displayed on top of it.

Mix Maximum

For each corresponding pair of pixels, the maximum of the red, green, and blue components are calculated to form the result. This produces a mix of the 2 effects with the brightest result. However, colors can change. As an extreme example, a red colorwash on the left mixed with a green colorwash on the right results in a yellow colorwash in the middle. If you want to preserve colors, consider the Mix Overlay mode instead.

Mix Bottom Top

This splits the result into top and bottom portions. The left effect gets displayed in the bottom portion and the right effect in the top portion. The slider controls where the split occurs.

Mix Left Right

This splits the result into left and right portions. The left effect gets displayed in the left portion and the right effect in the right portion. The slider controls where the split occurs.

Mix Rt hides Lt

The effect on the left is displayed as the result, with the following constraint: the pixel on the left only gets displayed if the corresponding pixel on the right is black.

Mix Rt reveals Lt

The effect on the left is displayed as the result, with the following constraint: the pixel on the left only gets displayed if the corresponding pixel on the right has color (i.e. is not black).
  • Like 1

Matt, are there any future plans to add a 3rd window in PE to allow possibly mixing 3 different effects?

Edited by robigd

Matt, are there any future plans to add a 3rd window in PE to allow possibly mixing 3 different effects?

You can have two different effects, each with both sides of the PE window used, to get up to 4 effects.

Don't know if there would be side effects, but it's possible to add it into the PE that way.

You can have two different effects, each with both sides of the PE window used, to get up to 4 effects.

Don't know if there would be side effects, but it's possible to add it into the PE that way.

Ah ok. I will tinker with it. The pattern I had in mind when asking the question was text in the middle of a CCR tree with a pattern on top of the text and one on the bottom.