Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PCg3 AMP load and damage

Psjoe

Bought an electric solenoid valve to control water hose. Something I have been thinking of doing to add to show.

Ran a test on the valve and it works like I want it to.

Read the AMP load info for the controller. 8 max per channel, 15 per side. Cant find the amp load of the valve, just that it is 120V.  Have no way to test it, not in my knowledge field!

What's the "worst case" scenario if it tops out over 8amps?

Thanks

Does the specs mention watts? If so Watts=Volts x Amps. Volts=120, Watts=data from the specs, solve for Amps.

You could also purchase a kil-o-watt meter. Home Depot has them. It will tell you how many amps it uses.

Jerry

Thanks for the tip. Problem was no store had one! Lowes, HD or ACE

Spent $4 in parts and put in a 5 AMP fuse on the line. Tested out OK

Watching my 14' mega tree going up in flames might be pretty cool. Safe enough spot not to hurt anything else. Course with my luck I would miss it!

Kidding aside, that's why I put in a 5 AMP fuse. Had to pull the trigger at some point and things working OK. The best part of this "hobby" is coming up with new ideas and trying them out. I'm happy with the misting effect "snow" not happy with the lighting. For it to really work I need some spots under it but no channels left to use. Lesson learned for next year! Now thinking living fountain, water cannons or something like that.

• The topic was locked