Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor Timing on, Sequence Editor Timing off

cliftonneff

I'm having a new problem with moving between pixel editor and sequence editor.

When I watch my sequence in the pixel editor the timing is spot on with the music throughout the length of the show.

When I watch it in sequence editor about 3 minutes of the song I am more than 3 seconds off of the timing for the portions that I programed in PE.

Any suggestions or others who have had this problem in the past?

Thanks

I believe I have noticed that if in sequence editor, you used track offset for the media file, it does not always work properly in pixel editor.  I haven't done thorough testing yet, but from what I think, if you start from begining in PE, the timing matches sequence editor, but if you were to start in the middle of the sequence, the offset is not done properly.

Like I mentioned, I planned on testing this more, but thought I would mention it since you said soimething similar.

Thanks

My testing did show a problem in both SE and PE when using MP3 files and not starting from the beginning when playing, that the time grid did not match the audio.  It was sporadic and not consistent.

Converting the audio to WMA format as Matt suggested corrected the issue.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I, too had this problem.  As clarification, once I convert the audio to WMA format, do I need to go back to the Pixel Editor and re-program the props or does the conversion to the WMA format fix the delay issue?

Thanks,

Ken

Another thing to remember is that the visualization may drag down the resources in PE with large pixel counts. If using an SE file go back and watch it without any pixels that may be programmed. if it is spot on then it may just be lag from the visualizer itself whether it is in SE or PE.

SPaschall