Light-O-Rama Forums

Comparison Pictures of DMX Led's vs Flood Lights

randallr

Ok we have kind of hijacked this thread so to get it back on track about the colorsplashes, I like the fact they are low power and I will get a lot more function out of them then a flood light. My only concern is the intensity of them compared to a flood light. It seems like the flood light is brighter. They will be only a foot away from the house pretty much pointing straight up washing the wall and hitting the awanning of the house. They would be spread out along a wall that is only about I would say 15' long. So would you say that 5 of them would do good with them spaced every 3'?

Also 11 controllers? Are you putting your DMX fixtures on regular LOR controllers channels? If so why?

Texan78 wrote:

Also 11 controllers? Are you putting your DMX fixtures on regular LOR controllers channels? If so why?

No. I am doing a 1/2 scale (10' tall rather than 20') version of Steve Bang's Electric Splash in my side yard and it's going to take 168 channels all on it's own. That's with mirroring the sides and some of the arches or I would need an additional 70 channels...

• The topic was locked