Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help with my CCR

ClarkGriswold69

I've started my firs year with LOR but I cannot get the CCRs to work as part of my show. This is my setup:

a. Three CTB16PC Gen-3 controllers.

b. Two CCRs

c.  Showtime Central

d.  Software is 4.1.2 Advanced 

The CCR sequences were completed using Superstar and I pasted them into my regular show sequence (I followed the video tutorial on how to do this).

This is my set-up configuration:   CCR>CCR>Controller2>Controller3>Showtime Central.   (Controller #1 died and will be replaced).  Cat5 cables are daisy-chained between each controller.  The entire show is being run with Showtime Central via memory card.  My computer is only being used to create the show, sequences, hardware configuration, etc.  I checked the configuration of the CCR controllers and they are fine.  They are entered as Unit 4 and Unit 5 in the sequences and setup, so that's not an issue.  At this point I'm totally lost and don't know what I've done wrong or any steps I've missed.  No clue.

Did the sequence you exported from superstar play the lights before you pasted into your other sequence, in the sequence you pasted into did you have the ccr channels assigned before you pasted?

Can you hook it up to your computer for a test to see if it works that way (disconnect the director when you do to avoid conflicting commands on the network)?

Are you using a mini director? If so I thought the mini director would not control ccr's. I may be wrong but that's what I was thinking.

I've started my firs year with LOR but I cannot get the CCRs to work as part of my show. This is my setup:

a. Three CTB16PC Gen-3 controllers.

b. Two CCRs

c.  Showtime Central

d.  Software is 4.1.2 Advanced 

The CCR sequences were completed using Superstar and I pasted them into my regular show sequence (I followed the video tutorial on how to do this).

This is my set-up configuration:   CCR>CCR>Controller2>Controller3>Showtime Central.   (Controller #1 died and will be replaced).  Cat5 cables are daisy-chained between each controller.  The entire show is being run with Showtime Central via memory card.  My computer is only being used to create the show, sequences, hardware configuration, etc.  I checked the configuration of the CCR controllers and they are fine.  They are entered as Unit 4 and Unit 5 in the sequences and setup, so that's not an issue.  At this point I'm totally lost and don't know what I've done wrong or any steps I've missed.  No clue.

It sounds like the IDs aren't set up correctly. Does the hardware utility recognize 4 units?

--Mike

Initially the Hardware Utility did recognize all five units.  It was unable to locate Unit #1, which is the controller I had a lot of problems with.  It is being replaced.  My CCR are units 4-5 and are recognized by the utility.  I've done a lot of troubleshooting, checked the Cat5 cables, and made sure the configuration was correct.  I even went back and re-configured the two CCRs just to be safe.  I followed the video tutorials on how to do CCR sequencing and how to place them in the shows after using Superstar.  In the sequencing, files are correct.  Example: The song "Holy Night" has the Superstar file value at file Holy Night_sup.lms.  I did a cut and paste from that file into main sequence Holy Night.lms file and made sure the Paste Options button was set to "Paste by Time" and not "Paste by Cell." 

Additional answers to questions posted on this topic:

1.  Yes, Superstar played my sequences before I exported it to my regular file.  When I finished creating the sequence I saved it and created a sup.lms file.  I then inserted two CCR devices which showed up as Units 4-5.  I then did a cut and paste from the sup.lms file to the main lms file that has all my additional units, configuration, etc.

2.  I am using a mini director to run my show.  Everything runs fine except the CCRs.

3.  I have NOT run the show through my computer to check the CCRs.  If need be, I can run the entire show through my computer.  If I do that, will I need to get a red adapter to run the CCRs from my computer and get a new radio transmitter since the radio transmitter I'm using now is part of the mini director package?  Can I test the CCRs in the show without using the red high speed adapter?

4.  As far as me stating nothing works with the CCR... they remain off during the show.  There was one static pattern that appeared in the middle of one of the songs for about 10 seconds, but that was it.  The controllers do have power and the power button is blinking.  During my reconfiguration process I did test the lights and they turned on fine and cycled through the various patterns.

5.  Adamb 123 stated he has two IP addresses for his CCR controllers.  Not sure if I have two separate IP addresses or not.  How do I check?

One last question that was brought up, do the CCRs work with the mini director.  If not, that may answer the ultimate question on why its not working in my show.  Just a thought.  I don't know that answer.

Oh, and you should be able to run your controllers and CCRs on a black USB adapter at 115k speed. At least for a test. That number of channels should not be an issue on a 115K network.

When you copied and pasted did you paste one ccr at a time sometimes there is a problem trying to copy and paste all the ccr's at one time

I copied each CCR individually.   I did a verifier check and I found error message 28 in channels LR, MM, MS, ME, CM, CS and CI.  These channels are off in each unit and for each sequence.  Do they need to be on?  Do they need to have a sequence in them?  Read the manual and not too sure the function of these channels. Guessing my problem might be here.

I want to thank everyone for their input and my question.  Based on everyone's suggestions, I was able to troubleshoot the issue and get my CCRs running as part of my show.  Thank you.  I also wish to give a shout out to the LOR technical support crew.  The Superstar video tutorials were a HUGE help.  Thanks again.

• The topic was locked