Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Flood Strobe Help

pslouden

Hey All, 

I'm trying to figure out the strobe on and strobe off channels for 50w floods. I've filld in the strobe on flood channel with a simple on command but nothing happens. Do I need to have an RGB color picked and then use the strobe on channel? The manual from LOR does not provide much guidance on this. I just need to simple know how to make my flood lights strobe! Thanks!

If you have no color picked, there is nothing for the software/flood light to strobe. Thus, you need a color there as well.

Use the color fade tool in sequencer to put a color on the RGB channels of the flood.  Then to have it strobe, simply turn channel 5 on for the strobe effect.

All, thanks for the feedback. I turned the RGB channel to On and it's now a white bar which is the standard floor light on. I turned on channel 5 so it was a solid on function but the flood light is not strobbing. Do I need to make any special changes to channels 4 and 5 to get this to work? Also does another color other than white need to be painted in the RGB for strobe to work? 

The easiest way to play with this is the Hardware Utility. Make sure shows are disabled and the Sequence Editor is not running so the Hardware Utility can get the USB port.

Start the Hardware Utility and click Refresh to find your controller(s). Note the unit ID of the 50w F -- it will show up as "nn - F50RGB" Note the nn unit ID.

Depending upon your version of the Hardware Utility, click the Console or Light Console button. Make sure the correct unit ID is selected in the Console.

Move the first three sliders to set the color you want to strobe. Then move slider 5 to 50% intensity -- the flood will flash about once/second. You can experiment moving 5 up and down to get the flash rate you want and note the Intensity level for your sequence.

You can move slider 4 up to make the flashes longer. Again, note the Intensity if you want to change this in your sequence.

• The topic was locked