Light-O-Rama Forums

Injecting power in to a modified CCR

Jay Czerwinski

I have success cutting up a CCR to make separated pixels over a distance. But I am getting a power drop by the end of my run. (Making white look pink or red) I want to inject power and would like to have some direction on the wire configuration. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you. Jay

Later in the day - looks like the 4 conductors on a CCR are the + and - power on the outside edges of the strip, and the data lines are the center two.   12v is the supply I would use.   So it appears the only thing I need to know is which side of the CCR connections is the +.     My guess would be the larger solder pad which I think I remember even has a + marked on the circuit board.

I will keep updating here while keeping an eye out for others' input.

Edited by Jay Czerwinski

All i do is at the end of the strip i run power direct to the end so i have 12v in at the start and 12v at the end both positive and negative right back to power supply....or if there is free ports just split up i think around 100 pixels starts power issues im no electrition i try and error...seemed to work for me on house i have more plugs than pixels so every fifty pixels or so got its own plug no issues that way either

• Like 1

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago.  Posters confirm the injection wiring diamgrams that I saw on several other sites.

You run additional +/- wires from your power suplly, tee'ing them to the pixel string's +/- wired, where you want to inject power. You you have a ling string of pixals, may need mid stream injection and not at the end of the string.

The uschristmaslights.ocom site has a "101 manual" that has a nice section on power injection.  Shows a wiring diamgram and some tables on wire gauge choices.  You have to register to ba able to access the manual.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked