Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR message ?

Huseman Family Lights

don't worry. I get the same error because I don't have any LOR equipment hooked up to my computer. The program is looking for an adapter, or any other equipment and can't find it.. So.... You CAN'T control the lights because the lights aren't hooked up to it

I don;t think it cares if a controller is connected or not, as the message states, the opening of the port could not happen because control lights was disabled in the play menu, Try enabling it. Also, only one LOR program can have the control at a time, so if shows are enabled, or the hardware utility is open. You will get that error in the sequence editor.

--Daniel L

daniel wrote:

I don;t think it cares if a controller is connected or not, as the message states, the opening of the port could not happen because control lights was disabled in the play menu, Try enabling it. Also, only one LOR program can have the control at a time, so if shows are enabled, or the hardware utility is open. You will get that error in the sequence editor.

--Daniel L

Daniel,
It does matter if the control lights is checked and there is no adapter/controller hooked up. You'll get an error if nothing is connected and "Control Lights" is turned on. That's why it continued to say that Control Lights was "turned off" because of the of the situation, which would be no adapter/controller is attached.

Tom

Tom, I just tried it with LOR II, with lights enabled in the sequence editor, I can open the sequence editor with or without a controller attached, and no error message pops up. The only way I can get that error message up is if the shows are enabled, or the hardware utility is open. Having a controller attached has nothing to do with it, it only displays the message if the port is already opened.

--Daniel L

Hey Daniel,

OOps, I agree with you and stand corrected. I was going in my head off of habits from my show computer.

But, I might have figured out why "Huseman Family Lights" gets a pop-up error as he/she stated above. If that person is going thru the LOR tray to edit sequences, then that might be why they are getting the error (at least the first try). I got this same error when I powered up my show computer at home (without anything connected) and clicked on the LOR tray icon. I closed the LOR Tray then opened it up again and didn't get an error.

HFL, is this your case? WHat is your exact sequence to edit sequences? Just trying to help figure it out.

Tom