Light-O-Rama Forums

Showing 11 out of 12 contolers

nader

got everything wired up today ran hardware and it finding 11 out of 12 units. the one not showing as 4 units past it and it sees them. I can hook up the one not showing to other pc and it comes up and works. ANY IDEAS,  I have replaced both cat5 cables going into and out of that unit, even changed 2 units after it to be in front and 2 units after. could it be my old pc. only added 1 unit more for this year.

I am stumped :huh: 

I even updated firmware on that unit g3 bord

nope its a CTB16pcg3. I think its my PC. going to rewire the network to run it from the other pc and see if that fixes the problem.

show pc is a old p4 downstairs. the new pc is my gamer and Sequencer run the latest Lor 4.2 upstairs, so I have to daisy chain it the other way.

I am one cable short for doing that tonight.  will let you know what happens

Hook up one controller, check in HU...find it? Add another and repeat. Keep going until you isolate the problem controller or cable.

Then don't worry about the HU. Run your show and have fun.

The HU stumps a lot of folks (for reasons unknown) but if it works in the sequence editor or the show, don't let it bother you.

Tom

You most likely already know this but make sure the Max Unit ID in the HU is the same as or higher than the highest controller Unit ID.

Mark

thanks for all the repleys. did not have a chance to look at it today. 10 hrs work and bowling night.

going to upgrade pc and replace some cat5 cables tomarrow. I did try to run show any way. some thinks was working and some acting goofy.

Replaced main cat5 and new pc found all 12 . time for testing

Edited by nader

more problems ran test for the last 2 nights. replaced most of all cat5 cables today, new pc new download of S4

getting differant channels coming on when not to be, run verifier only shows the off channles no errors.

I guess I will try and update all firmware and go 1 unit at a time. never had this problem last year.

show runs just getting channels coming on for no reason, some time its a older unit some its a newer unit and some times

it a ccr and cmb24. no units set with the same ID no back ground running. does not matter what song is playing  

Last year I had a ccr going on and off when it shouldn't. After watching it I could see that it was actually matching the signals for other channels. I tried new cat 5 and moving the cat 5 away from other cables. In the end I fixed it by giving that ccr a new unit id. And changing the channel configuration. Now I did have trouble with that ccr this year but I swapped it with a spare. I updated the firmware and it may have fixed the problem but I've only tested it on the bench, not in the display.

What I did today I ran a new network to all the 6 newer units and kept the older units on there own. So far no problems. I think I got it solved. Until next year when I add some pixels. Thanks for all the help

• The topic was locked