Light-O-Rama Forums

SE 4.34 and Vis lagging

Robert Burton

I was working on a sequence and started to have lagging issues with both SE and the Vis. I am using xLights to generate the effects for my pixel tree (24 strips, 40 high, 960 total pixels). I know I can't see the effects in the Vis correctly but I just use xLights to show me the effect. When I dropped in the attached .lcb, it started lagging. I can push stop on SE, and it will take a second to stop. In Vis, it will be behind several seconds then seem to try and catch up. Really annoying since I am about 2/3's done with the sequence and wanted to add this next week :-(

Anyone else seeing this?

ps Apparently this is a 155mb .lcb. Won't upload here is the link.

Edited by Robert Burton

Well that is really disappointing.

I just ran what I had on the display. The lag on the show was something like 20, 30 seconds!  Yes. The effect was dark enough on the butterfly effect for what I wanted. So I will be redoing that. Maybe it is just too much data.

I am sure this problem might be fixed if I use PE. However, not really wanting to learn ANOTHER program... I want to stick with what I know for this season which is xLights. Looks any black and white plasma or butterfly effect is going to be large (40mb or larger). That tends to bog down SE. Might fix itself in compressing it for the Showplayer. But really stinks when you still trying to sequence the thing :-(

Guess I will have to use some other design for that section of the song.

My solution. 9.40mb file. Snowstorm with Max flakes at 100, trail length at 10 and speed at 2.

And it says I have exceeded my allotted disk space for attachments. Mmmm. Does that ever renew? Oh well. Here is the attachment.