Light-O-Rama Forums

Do you have to use CCR with CMB24D or will Other RGB ribbons work as well?

Pullayniece

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if yo have to use the light o rama CCR ribbon with the CMB24D. Or If you were able to use other brands along with the controller and get the same or better results? 

Any other RGB that you might recommend?

The Light-O-Rama Cosmic Color Ribbon (CCR) comes with it's own controller. No need to find one to run it, it's included with your purchase.

If you are talking about the RGB 'dumb' strips, then you could use those with other controllers if you wanted to. (Of course you may not be able to use those controllers with LOR, unless they do DMX.)

Thanks for the clarifications. Then upon further research I would be looking at Smart LED strips and would be wondering if other strip brands would be compatible with the PixCon16 controller and if so are there any recommendations other than the CCR smart strips

Only the lor strips are called ccr!s and they come with a controller any other strip that's is a smart strip should work with the pixcon check the pixcon 16 for what type of smart chip strip will work with the pixcon

• 11 months later...

I have one LOR ribbon go bad that was connected to a CMB24D - LOR is out of stock, is there any other supplier I can order a ribbon from to replace this ?  I think so, but am not sure if other ribbons would have the same connector the CBM24D uses.

All dumb RGB ribbons come with four wires to connect to the CMB24D. You can pretty much use any of them but you may find the colors are off a bit and the 36 watt ribbons may be brighter then LORs 20 watt ribbons.

• The topic was locked