Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller Suddenly Not Working

TSTMike

Hey everyone,

So I have a bizarre and frustrating issue. I have a small setup with only one LOR controller. The system worked fine last night and today I went to turn it on for a test. I tried to run a show on a demand and the music would play with no lights. I then started the HU and although it did recognize the controller (both in the HU and as a solid led light on the board), it wouldn't let me turn any lights on that way either.

Any guesses as to what caused this to occur overnight?

Thanks,

Mike

that would be my first guess to... check your cat cable and make sure it is connecting.. I have a neighbor had to actually run his cat cable in PVC because he has so many ground squirrels it was the only way he could keep them from snacking on it.

My real Cats keep them away from my stuff... hahaha one advantage of having real dogs and cats running in and out all the time.. also helps keep the vandals out of the yard when they see and hear the three 125 to 140 lb dogs in it..

Ummm if his com light is steady and he can scan for and find his controller via H.U. would you think that there is a problem with his Cat5 cable? Really?

Only question I have is when you did the scan and HU found your controller. WAS it the correct address? Was it set to be number 2 and now it is number 1? Only other suggestion is to do a controller reset.

• The topic was locked