Light-O-Rama Forums

Large gap between songs

shane

Hi, when I created my show using simple show builder I notice a large gap between songs. I've never had this problem before. I have added a large pixel count, however the show doesn't lag at all. Is there a way to shorten the downtime between the sequences? Thanks

That happened to me with the simple show builder. I switched to the show editor and "preload" sequences (under "options") now there is no delay between songs

If you are not already doing so, right click the LORtray icon and check "Use Compressed Sequences". The first time through the show it will create the compressed sequences if they do not exist, and after that they will load significantly more quickly.

I personally don't care for the preload option. If you have a large number of, and large files, it will take a long time to load everything upfront and will sometimes exceed available memory, requiring de-cacheing.

>>Preload Option? Is that "Before they are played" or  "when they are needed"?  I've had memory issues both ways.

"before they are played". Talking to myself now!

Edited by colonel

Select "Sequences are loaded before any are played" to preload, and "Sequences are loaded when they are needed" to not preload.

Another one I found recently is if you run all or most of large sequences as intensity file from either SuperStar of Pixel Editor, the now tiny .lms file loads really fast!  When I switched my Wizards In Winter to an intensity file, it went from about 10 seconds to now it loads in well under 1 second.

OK, I realize this only works for those with a Pro level license....