Light-O-Rama Forums

4.3.0 and 4.3.2 won't run

Jeff Kesler

Never have had a problem during any install or upgrade until now. After installing 4.3.0, none of the .exe would run...at all. Uninstalled 4.3.0, reboot and try again. No luck. Unstalled and installed 4.3.10 which showed up on the forum. Same problem. Tried unstalling, reboot, install again. No luck. Tried running the installer and choose repair, still no luck. Uninstalled 4.3.10, installed 4.2.10 and it runs no problem. All directories for LOR are in the default Documents folder, which in this case are on my D: drive because of SSD boot drive.

I realize this is beta software but any ideas?

Thanks!

Jeff K

post-1441-0-95206000-1448944742_thumb.pn

I am having a similar issue, only with 4.3.2. It worked fine but tonight all the .exe programs stopped opening... Rebooted the computer and got them back. Now a couple of hours later they seem to be down for good. Any LOR program I try to open shows up twice in my task manager processes running tab. I cannot close them out, and nothing opens. Need help. If it's not one thing, it's another this year...

Never have had a problem during any install or upgrade until now. After installing 4.3.0, none of the .exe would run...at all. Uninstalled 4.3.0, reboot and try again. No luck. Unstalled and installed 4.3.10 which showed up on the forum. Same problem. Tried unstalling, reboot, install again. No luck. Tried running the installer and choose repair, still no luck. Uninstalled 4.3.10, installed 4.2.10 and it runs no problem. All directories for LOR are in the default Documents folder, which in this case are on my D: drive because of SSD boot drive.

I realize this is beta software but any ideas?

Thanks!

Jeff K

Anything beta should wait until after the holidays. Hell, I won't even install a production release now. Why take any chances...

Mike

I saw the new update and went for it hoping for a resolution, now running 4.3.4. I was able to get sequence and pixel editor open, but then back to the original issue when attempting to open visualizer. I'm scared to close either of the 2 I have open as I am not sure I will be able to reopen them. Hopefully there is a simple fix to this. My show starts tonight (Friday)!!

Edited by DocBrown86

When you try to start one of them up, does it show up in Windows Task Manager? Try the "Details" pane and sort by image name; they'll typically be named "LORSomethingOrOther", like "LORSequenceEditor" or "LORVisualizer".

Could you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with the following:

(1) Your forum username ("DocBrown86")

(2) This thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/38731-430-and-432-wont-run/

(3) A copy of the output of LOR Diagnostic

Also, you might want to consider running LOR Registry Wipe.  I don't know if it will help or not, and it will wipe out a bunch of configuration preferences that you'll wind up needing to set how you like again, but... I guess it's possible that it might help.  If you choose to do this, please send me copies of the output of LOR Diagnostic from both before and after running LOR Registry Wipe, clearly indicating which is the "before" and which is the "after".

Thanks,

Bob