Light-O-Rama Forums

Nothing happened when enabled

Bruce Kryfka

Totally frustrated. Once again the same old problem as before. Today I checked all my files and folders and made sure everything was present and I guess it was. So I started with a clean slate I set up my show I scheduled my show everything looked good until show time then show time no show Control panel with the nasty message Cannot read show file. It is supposed to be a file that has been moved or deleted but how do I find out what the file is. Simple show builder is running fine but I'm trying to get away from that since I am running from my PC. If I have to I will run SSB for the rest of the season but prefer not to. At time I feel like tearing the whole system down and dumping it. Like I said I am frustrated.

Bruce

I suggest running the LOR Verifier. The default for the tool is to verify your entire schedule. I think it will help give you an idea as to your issue or at least it will provide a little more information for the folks that are assisting you.

Tom

Edited by basis21b

Here are the main problems The channel is missing settings and The channel is off. Not exactly to sure what they mean but if it means accessing the program its impossible since these are RTG files purchased from LOR last year. I have no access into them.

Bruce

Let me try to explain the above. After running  LOR verifier it indicated 75 error messages. Each sequence has the above named problems indicating the track and the channel and what controller it came from. Each problem is indicated more than once I know somewhere in the program that is fixable but considering that these are RTG files purchased from LOR I can't access them. My problem is that I can't create a sequence (yes  I have tried) so I went the easier method. When you get old like me you take the easy method. The following is a idea of what the message looks like.

Message Number 28

Severity Warning

Description: Channel is completely off.

Detail 1. Sequence-C:\users\owners\Documents\Light-O-Rama\A mad Russian Christmas RTG-TSO.lms

Detail 2 [Track] Track 1

Detail 3 Channel Controller 01 01-16

Bruce

Let me try to explain the above. After running  LOR verifier it indicated 75 error messages. Each sequence has the above named problems indicating the track and the channel and what controller it came from. Each problem is indicated more than once I know somewhere in the program that is fixable but considering that these are RTG files purchased from LOR I can't access them. My problem is that I can't create a sequence (yes  I have tried) so I went the easier method. When you get old like me you take the easy method. The following is a idea of what the message looks like.

Message Number 28

Severity Warning

Description: Channel is completely off.

Detail 1. Sequence-C:\users\owners\Documents\Light-O-Rama\A mad Russian Christmas RTG-TSO.lms

Detail 2 [Track] Track 1

Detail 3 Channel Controller 01 01-16

Bruce

Bruce, that error can be "ignored" unless it's supposed to be on, I have a lot of sequences that run fine, and I get that error because several channels may not be utilized in the sequence, so the verifier is just telling you that that/those specific channel{s} are not assigned any lighting commands in that row of cells.   But to check that you definitely need to be able to open the sequence and look at it for actual verification.

I use 64 channels, when I verify my off hours music sequences {all channels are off}, I have my config set for 64 channels, and when I run the verifier I get a ton of those sequence errors you got above, because 64 of 64 channels are all off, no lighting commands in any cells.   It's only a problem if YOU know you programmed that channel with lighting commands and you'd get that error, but I've never gotten it for any channels that are actually "in use".

Part of it was me in too much of a rush. Once I cleaned up my document folder of old files and took some time when I created my new show and schedule it all came together and worked. I was just happy.

Bruce

• The topic was locked