Light-O-Rama Forums

Nothing happened when enabled

Bruce Kryfka

Hi members:

Still in the process of getting all my lights out but have enough to see what happens and nothing happened. From the start I went through hardware utility and that is all configured. I tested the light there and they work. Next created a simple show 13 songs loaded and ready to play. The controller have a steady red light so I know that is correct. Went and enabled the show and nothing happened. Went back and redid the previous steps and still nothing. What simple step am I missing or what did I miss.

Bruce

Sounds like you used the simple show builder.  Which works great.  I used it for a director and put it on a flash card but I wouldn't use it for a computer run show myself.  If your using a computer to run your show, Use the show editor then the schedule editor.  A little more work but more options.

If running from a computer, did you try show on demand?  could try that to trouble shoot.

Try the show on demand and start immediately to see if it's working. If so, it's something in the simple show you created.   If not, then you need to check cat5 cable going to controller or USB.  I guessing it's something in the simple show builder.

Show Editor is a lot more complex than the SSB, but it is definitely worth using over SSB for computer run shows,     I used to use a director unit to run my shows, now I use a computer.  My director bit the dust, fortunately it did it during testing of my show and NOT during one, so I had to learn real fast how to use the software to make computer based shows, but the time I had to learn it was in less than TWO HOURS, because the day it bit the dust was the first day the show was to start and 2 hours BEFORE start time!

So I learned what I could in those two hours to get my show running from a computer, and then after the show ended, learned more and played with the Show Editor and Schedule Editor to get my shows running the way I really want them to go.

Yep, a little more work, but once you know how they work, you have far more flexibility with what you can do with your display.   Although some options may not be available in some license levels, having a higher license like Advanced or Pro is definitely the way to go to have the best flexibility and options for your display.

New day same problem. Trying the show on demand and it runs. Looked at everything possible anymore ideas. I'm using show editor and schedule editor now.

What does the control panel status display show?  It will tell you what the schedule status is, and should pretty well answer your questions about the status.  If it does not show a schedule scheduled, that would be your problem.

If you still can't get it, PM me a phone number and I'll give you a call.

Control panel will not display.

You left click on the LOR light bulb in the taskbar notification area and you don't get the status display?  Or you can't even start the control panel?

According to what I'm reading everything looks normal. It recognizes the commands and then loads the sequence and then starts the music and a few minutes later it stops the music and goes on to the next sequence.

Tried to enable the show and checked the control panel and it said cannot read show file.

That usually means that the show player is trying to read a file that is not present.  For example if the file had been moved or deleted.