Light-O-Rama Forums

running very slow

Ian

When the pixel editor works for me it saves a ton of time but I am having problems with it taking forever to catch up once I've made a change it sits and thinks forever....

My PC isn't very old.... It is an i5-3330 3.0 GHz with 6 GB of RAM

Is anyone else having issues with the pixel editor lagging badly? Its taking me longer to sequence with it opposed to just using the sequence editor. Version is

4.2.10PRO

Thanks,

Ian

Edited by Ian

Your PC should be plenty fast. You make a change and the spinner at the upper left of the sequence grid spins and the playback buttons are disabled for a long time, correct?

One thing to look out for is that I see many sequences where the user has put the same effect above and below the dashed line for a prop. This is unnecessary and causes calculations to take twice as long. This may not apply to you, but if it does, have a look at the second Pixel Editor video tutorial - effects go above the dashed line or below, but not both (except for transitions).

Matt

Yes that is correct the spinner sometimes takes minutes to stop. I can add a few lines of effects and then have to wait forever for it to stop. Sometimes I just leave for a while and come back it has been very frustrating. When I find a time period that I want to add an effect I remove the existing effect that is imported from the sequence editor then I add my new effect below that dashed line using the pixel editor.

All I can do is to work on making the forthcoming versions faster - especially the movie effect, since that is what gets created when you import from SE.

The only thing that would help you in the short term is to install an SSD drive in your PC. Or better still, if you could get to the point where you could delete the movie effect entirely and replace it with other Pixel Editor effects.

Matt

I have some sequences that are almost a gig in size. They are all done with SE and play okay in PE. It seems to take quite awhile for the sequences to begin and when it starts the music and light are in sync. As the song progresses it gets farther out of sync, therefore when the song is done the lights continue on. Could it be the file is too large?  Is there a way to make the file smaller? I have tried to play the sequences on different computers with a higher processor speed but it did not correct the problem.

Chris

I have some sequences that are almost a gig in size. They are all done with SE and play okay in PE. It seems to take quite awhile for the sequences to begin and when it starts the music and light are in sync. As the song progresses it gets farther out of sync, therefore when the song is done the lights continue on. Could it be the file is too large?  Is there a way to make the file smaller? I have tried to play the sequences on different computers with a higher processor speed but it did not correct the problem.

Chris

Chris,

If I understand your post correctly, this has nothing to do the PE. Since your sequences "are all done with SE", I assume what you are describing is a difference between playback in SE and the Show Player. If so, then this question should probably be posted in the "LOR S3/S4 Software Suite" forum, or create a help desk ticket.

Matt