Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR ribbon repair question

oilmoney

When setting up my CCR's I noticed that 2 of the four wires have pulled out of the black connector that plugs into the CCR controller. Is there an easy way to split the connector in two to reinstall the wires or should I just stick each wire into it's correct slot, apply some crazy glue and hope for the best???? Are these connectors readily available at your local hardware store?

I had one wire pull loose and I was able to very very carefully grind down the outside plastic to expose just enough metal inside. I was able to solder the wire to the metal.  I could not figure out how to release the metal from inside the plastic. My thinking was to leave as much plastic so as to weaken the connector as little as possible.  I also put excessive red tape on the wire so I could easily recognize which ribbon had a patch and to warn myself to handle with care in the future.

I'm not positive about that specific connector but most pins can be released from the housing with the use of a tiny micro-screwdriver with a flat/common tip. Its got to be thin enough to slide in the opposite side of the crimp(usually) without damaging anything. I've actually extracted a pin once using a piece of single strand copper wire which I flattened with a small hammer, then slid it in there to release the holding clip.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked