Light-O-Rama Forums

Do I have this idea correct on DIO boards?

dburg30

Are they just basically on/off channels? And they will turn on and off an SSR somewhere on a board in your display?

Will the LOR ones hook up via cat 5 and be controlled via addresses that way or will the be internal PC boards, or external boards, but have to be hooked to a parallel port or serial port?

Guess I'm just trying to visualize how it works. I've read, and I've confused myself :D

dburg30 wrote:

Are they just basically on/off channels? And they will turn on and off an SSR somewhere on a board in your display?

Will the LOR ones hook up via cat 5 and be controlled via addresses that way or will the be internal PC boards, or external boards, but have to be hooked to a parallel port or serial port?

Guess I'm just trying to visualize how it works. I've read, and I've confused myself :)

The LOR Card will plug into the network like any other card. It can be used to turn SSRs on/off and it will have a number of daughter cards available like triac cards / relay cards / servos .... etc. More info will supplied at a later date.

• 2 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

The LOR Card will plug into the network like any other card. It can be used to turn SSRs on/off and it will have a number of daughter cards available like triac cards / relay cards / servos .... etc. More info will supplied at a later date.

Now I read this and am confused. Is LOR offering a DIO board?