Light-O-Rama Forums

Random Channels Are Staying On

toddm1919

Whatever was going on with mine, worked fine for a few days after the V4/V5 swap, then it decided to have issues again. Interference getting in from somewhere, something, someone....only in the late afternoons here, things would start going nuts. Of the 3 ELL's outside, only the two V4's were impacted. The one external V5 running the majority of the controllers, was just fine. Since I had just established a TCPIP and RS485 waterproof feedthrough from inside to outside, I went ahead and removed the ELL's totally and replaced with Cat6 all the way. No more noise now.

I brought the ELL's all inside and individually started checking them. I found the two V4's needed to have the firmware updated so that was accomplished but they aren't going back out now. However, at the end of the season, I'll put them back out and run some additional tests. Its almost like someone is transmitting data on these 900Mhz and any of the 32 sub-frequencies but only in the afternoons. Its possible there's a HAM radio guy doing it without knowing its causing me problems. k6ccc might have a better idea on these things if he sees this thread as he's an expert in radio communications.

dgrant,

Thanks for the insight.  Sorry to hear you're having issues as well, but at times, it's nice to know you're not the only one.  I will be plugging my ELLs in again after the season, and trying different frequencies.  I will be taking the covers off to see if I'm getting the dreaded LED3 light.  And, I will try using all RF-V5s on this network #2 (AUXA).

Don't let me forget to post my findings.

Thanks again!,

-- rhino

• The topic was locked