Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D shows up as unknown device in hardware console

mavrick331

I added a cmb24d to my 3 existing controllers. In hardware when I refresh, It only sees the 3 controllers who's unit ID's are 1,2 and 3  When I test the lights, all come on along with 5 of the 8 RGB strands (I believe the 3 off are a different issue)

I connected the CMB24D directly to the PC without the 3 controllers and re-scanned...  CMB shows up as "01-Unknown device???"    I changed the dip switch to set the unit ID to 4, re-scanned and it shows up as  "04-Unknown device???"  

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Rick

I just re-scanned with all 4, It now shows up with all 4 listed, but cmb still shown as "04-Unknown device???"  but it appears to allowing me to control it individually.

Can I just run with "04-Unknown device???"  

Try it. I've added many controllers to my display and never touch the Hardware Utility. Everything works just fine. For me anyway.

If I remember correctly, and that's questionable, earlier vertions of the software don't have the correct description for the CMB24. Should still work fine though.

Are you running S3? I believe 3.10 and earlier the CMB24D showed up as "Unknown". Ungraded to the latest S3 and will recognize it. But will still work if you don't want to upgrade.

I may to upgrade, I can't test RGB in the hardware console. All I read is LOR advanced hardware v3.9.0 Where can I find the software version?  If I need to upgrade, what do I need to select for an upgrade?

Thanks in advance...

Rick

To clarify, I have 8 strands, 5 work.  One has a bad solder joints, the other 2 work fine when connected to any of the 5 working leads.  My thought was that I have connection issues but I moved them on the board to test...they work on existing (working) ports on the board.  It seems to me that there should be a way to test each strand by itself...I cannot do that.

• The topic was locked