Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Color Order

greenie95125

I have 4 pixel strips used for arches and one set of RGB nodes that I use for a wall wash of sorts. The problem is that the RGB order of the nodes is different than that of the strips. The Alphapix16 allows you to change the order, but it affects the whole controller. There is no option to change an individual output , or a group like the sandevice. So, I just changed the rgb order of each of the pixels for the nodes in SE. I exported everything to my channel config file, and then imported that config to each of my sequences and the result is fine when sequencing using SE. However when I try to sequence those nodes in the PE and export the intensity file to my sequence, the colors for those nodes are wrong. Does the PE not read the channel config file for the universes it's sequencing? Is there a way to force it to do so, or adjust the color order?

Thanks for any insight, and Happy Thanksgiving to all! Well, the US guys anyway ;-)

Mike

PE uses the prop definitions in the PE preview. There is an rgb order setting in prop definition. Matt

I thought there was, but I'll be damned if I could find it. I'll look again.

Found it...Thanks again, Matt!

Mike

I have 4 pixel strips used for arches and one set of RGB nodes that I use for a wall wash of sorts. The problem is that the RGB order of the nodes is different than that of the strips. The Alphapix16 allows you to change the order, but it affects the whole controller. There is no option to change an individual output , or a group like the sandevice.

Wow!  I would consider that to be a major limitation of the AlphaPix.  It is very easy to end up with strings or strips that have a different color order - and for the most part it's something that we end users have no control over..

Wow!  I would consider that to be a major limitation of the AlphaPix.  It is very easy to end up with strings or strips that have a different color order - and for the most part it's something that we end users have no control over..

True, but on the plus side, it's VERY easy to set up and configure. I had a tough time with the sandevice, but maybe it's just me.

I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Mike

I was thinking the same thing.

E6804 - cant go wrong!!