Light-O-Rama Forums

Which files do I need to copy to the show computer?

Steven

As many of us do, I sequence on one computer (in the house) and play the show from another computer (in the garage). Before  starting the Pixel Editor, I needed only to copy the *.LMS files and the audio files to the 'Sequences' and 'Audio' folders on the show computer.

I used the Pixel Editor on the sequencing computer, and copied what I thought would work: The *.LID files, but it seems that isn't enough, because the pixels don't play from the show computer.

What other files(s) do I need to copy?

Not sure if all are required, but I copied the .lms, .lid and .lpe files. Then I had to open in sequence editor on the show pc. If you scroll to the bottom not he second scroll bar you will see the pixel editor sequence which just looks like a bunch of slanted bars for me. Then, it seemed that as long as all of the files stayed in the same folder everything worked. Maybe I am doing more then enough to get it to work, so it would be great if someone with more knowledge on this chimes in, but what I listed will make it work. 

Related question. If I change the name of the .lms file, and the .lid file to match, does it link properly, or will SE and the player be looking for the old .lid filename? Same thing if I move the files to a different folder?

If I was at home I would just try this to make sure I've got it right, but I'm on a commuter train on my phone, and I don't want to forget about the question....

• Like 1

I had to research what LID file were, since I never have seen any generated for me.  

Assuming these files are generated with some additional feature that I'm not using?

Related question. If I change the name of the .lms file, and the .lid file to match, does it link properly, or will SE and the player be looking for the old .lid filename? Same thing if I move the files to a different folder?

If I was at home I would just try this to make sure I've got it right, but I'm on a commuter train on my phone, and I don't want to forget about the question....

The LMS and LID files just need to be in the same directory. If you rename both, that works - but if it's on your sequencing computer then rename the LPE file too!

Matt

I had to research what LID file were, since I never have seen any generated for me.  

Assuming these files are generated with some additional feature that I'm not using?

LID stands for Light-O-Rama Intensity Data. If I understand correctly, they are basically compiled versions of the Pixel Editor (LPE) files, and are used by the Show Player and the Sequence Editor when it is used to control lights. You use the "File" -> "Save Intensity Data" menu item in the Pixel Editor to generate them, which requires a license level of "Pro".

A related question is: If I use one of the new pixel effects in version 4.3 to generate a LID file, can I play it back using my show computer that has version 4.2.10?

A LID file generated in any 4.x version can be played back on any other 4.x version. So one generated using Pixel Editor 4.3 can be played back using 4.0.

Matt

When I moved the .lms, .lid, and .lpe file to the show computer all opens properly except when I open PE it can't find my preview file.  What did I miss?