Light-O-Rama Forums

Working with PE and SE

niklas-tgs

I dont know if i am doing anything wrong.

I have first done the basic sequencing in SE and then moved over to PE and done all the pixels. Saved and save intensity data.

Then I moved back over to SE and made some changes. I can see the PE props section in SE.

But when I save in SE and then go back to PE, i meet a dialogbox to select preview. I choose same as before.

But now in the timeline everything I have done with PE before is gone. Its empty.

The files created is: .lms, .lms.lcs, lms.lsv, lms.pe.lid, lms.pe.lpe, .lpe.

I assume the lid-file its the important one. By looking on the filesize of it compared to earlier backups it should be ok.

The LPE file contains the Pixel Editor sequence - that is the file you need to restore from your backup. The Pixel Editor also makes a backup of your sequence with an extension LPE.BAK.

I suspect this might have occurred by having the same sequence open in both the Sequence Editor and the Pixel Editor. You should only have a sequence open in one or the other at any given time.

The file with a PE.LID extension contains the Pixel Editor sequence optimized for playback. It is used for playback in both the Sequence Editor and in the Show Player. Although it is created by the Pixel Editor, the Pixel Editor does not use/read it.

Matt

Thanks. I dont remember, but SE might have been open. Could this also occur if I rename/save as new name in SE? I Always to this once in a while, as backup.

What is the difference between "sequnce1.lms.pe.lpe" and "sequence1.lpe"

Is the .BAK files stored in same directory as the sequence? Might have seen one there. Or is it stored somewhere else?

What is the difference between "sequence1.lms.pe.lpe" and "sequence1.lpe"

There should not be a "sequence1.lms.pe.lpe", but there can be a "sequence1.lms.pe.lid"  - which is the intensity data file generated by the Pixel Editor and is optimized for playback. It cannot be edited. "sequence1.lpe" is the Pixel Editor sequence.

Is the .BAK files stored in same directory as the sequence? 

Yes. It's name would be"sequence1.lpe.bak".

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem, after doing some updating in SE, was afraid I had lost an entire three days of work when nothing showed in the RGB part of PE.

Fortunately I could recover the needed lpe. file from one of my "just in case save as" files.

As it seems that both SE and PE work fine when opened at the same time, maybe some sort of flag could be generated to let people know in advance.

Thanks for this question and answers. Preston (doing LOR since before license categories)