Light-O-Rama Forums

New seyup, 6th controller in chain goes out if multiple units on

jkroha

Well doubled the size of my display this year, just got it all wired tonight, and have something I never ran into before.  Every channel works, but my last controller on the R-45 linked daisy chain goes out if multiple other units are on (It goes out if 4x16 channels on, its fine with 1 other on, have not tested the in betweens)  If I tell all 6 controllers to go flull on, it blinks the 16 lights on the unit then goes out, and even if I turn the others off (running a test sequence for all this), they wont come back on until I tell them to go off then on.  It's almost like I blow a fuse, that resets, but only if others are running, and only on that unit?  The setup is 6 controllers running only LED lights, probable 100-200 bulbs per channel.  the other 5 units are fine, the only thing about this one to me so far is it is last in the control chain (unit ID is 3, but wiring order it is last.  It is late, so have not tried the obvious steps of rewiring it to be first or such, just curious for any others insight or similar issues>?  Only thing I did was upgrade firmware to 1.08, no difference.  (opps these are all 16PCG3)  Any thoughts are appreciated....

John

Well in case it ever helps anyone, a separate power run from a new circuit fixed this, not sure if somehow it dropped voltage across just this unit when all the lights came on, or ???  Because they were LED I have all 6 units on 1 circuit, total amps seem fine but this unit dropped out, on a different plug its doing fine! 

• The topic was locked