Light-O-Rama Forums

Live Cursor in PE - Feature Request

JamesWright

In SE, when the cursor is in the sequence grid, the exact position of the cursor is shown in the waveform. This makes is easier to select an exact location to do some sequencing. I would like to suggest adding this feature to PE. The "live" cursor position would make it much easier to set the start and stop point of an effect.

Thanks Jim!

This was added in the 4.3.0 open beta. You can find a link to the download in the Announcements forum.

Matt

Matt:

I just installed 4.3.2 pro. It does not work, at least on my system (unless there is an option that I can't find to turn it on). The current position does not show in the timeline or in the waveform. Jim

Jim,

The attachment shows what I am seeing on the systems where I install 4.3.2. If you are not seeing that, then maybe try uninstall - reboot - reinstall - reboot...

Can anyone else comment on whether they are seeing the cursor marker inside the waveform display in version 4.3.0 or 4.3.2?

Matt

post-2660-0-65181000-1448255296_thumb.pn

Matt:

I just did an uninstall, reboot, install, reboot with 4.3.2. I do not have the live cursor in the wave line. I have tried it on both monitors. Please see attached screen shot. Sorry. Jim

In versions 4.3.0 and 4.3.2, the waveform cursor does not get displayed in PE if tooltips are disabled in the Sequence Editor. This will be fixed in the next release.

Matt