Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linker - Can't select 115K speed in HU

fiberman

Hello, not a newbie, but not a mega-user either (about 10 years experience). I am trying to use a set of ELLs (RF-V4 model) for the first time. I used the HU to load the latest firmware to 2.10. Everything worked fine, the configuration information comes up. However on the LOR RF tab, the 115K is greyed out and I can't select it. I can't figure out why. (I do know when I get these working I will need to make the network and ELL speeds match). Any help is welcome. I opened a ticket on LOR but I know is this a busy time of year and am unsure if I will get a response in any sort of real time as I'm sure they are slammed, excellent customer service aside. I am running software 3.10.14. (Just a note: the latest ELL manual shows the 115k available on 3.7 in the picture example). And, right now, I have the ELL connected to my computer via a RS485B box directly. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated at this busy time of year. (My neighbor actually came over and asked if I would synchronize his lights with mine. I have an old controller and a pair of these ELLs so I'd like to get this to work)

DevMike, thanks for getting back so quickly. I am now confused because according to the LOR ELL manual (2013 version), the only difference between V4 and V5 is the RF range and the input DC power requirement. In fact, a screen shot of the LOR RF tab used as an example in the manual shows a V4 with the 115k as an available option. The specs at the end of the manual basically says the same thing, no difference other than the DC power. Again, this is only from the manual. I'd welcome further thoughts or if you came across the fact that this information is incorrect and LOR just hasn't corrected it yet in the documentation. And if you are an LOR employee and know this for fact, sorry, this is my first post and I'm not totally sure who's who yet. I have an open ticket I can cancel if all you said originally is correct. Many Thanks!

I am, and I don't mind people questioning me.  I will double check, but the last I knew ELLs were speed limited to 56K with V4 and 115K with V5.

• The topic was locked