Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost my Favorites

Scott Tuthill

I am not sure what is going on here but I can no longer see the Favorites I created for the Effect Generator. There are a few things I might have done:

* I am currently running 4.2.10 and I think I upgraded from a prior version when I created the Favorites

* I have been using the Default Preview and decided I needed to give it a proper name so I saved it with a new name in the Preview Design screen. I do not know if the Favorites were showing before I did this. I did this before I looked at the Effects Generator.

* I Open up another SE sequence to start working on it -- after finishing the one where I created the Favorites.

If I look at the LORPixelEditorData.xml file I can see the Favorites definitions in there, but they are not being recognized by the application.

Then it seemed like Pixel Editor created a new empty XML file when I started it and the Favorites disappeared. I tried Copy and Pasting the Favorites section from another PC into the XML file, but that didn't work either. I do have a copy of the XML file with the Favorites section in it.

I really don't want to have to go re-create all my favorites. Any idea what is going on?

My assumption is that once you create Favorites they should be available for sequencing any time you use that Preview name.

Scott

PM sent.

BTW, favorites are not specific to a preview. Once you have saved a favorite, it can be used in any preview.

Matt

To reply to my own message I have Favorites working again. I copied a known good copy of the .XML file from a different PC to the one where I had these problems. All is well. I have no idea what I did wrong earlier today. I imagine a combination of user error and trying to do complex activities before my second cup of coffee in the morning.

Thanks Matt for the message -- you are a star. Can't wait to try out the new version. I think the Twinkle Effect will find some good use in my display.

Scott

Glad you got it going! Favorites and previews are saved when you exit PE, which can cause problems when synchronizing across pc's. I'm thinking about ways to make that easier and more reliable.

Matt

• 6 months later...

I'm having the same problem (lost my Saved Effects).  In editing my Preview within PE this Spring, I saved the Preview to a different name, thinking that my last year's Preview would still remain.  But I found out that in PE, I need to make a COPY of my Preview first, then edit that copy and save it under the new name, so my last year's Preview went away.  I'm still trying to figure out how to add last year's XML file to regain my Saved Effects.  It's good to know that I can use Favorite Effects from song to song, but losing these Effects now is puzzling.  I have not changed computers, so that is not the problem for me.